Popcorn ceiling removal services in Portland, Oregon
Eliminating popcorn from a ceiling might be messy, demanding and time intensive. Employing a knowledgeable expert to complete the job can be a terrific way to save on labor, products, and time.
The procedure includes rubbing the texture off the ceiling, putting on a second texture, and small details in between. If you want help with this home improvement project, our Portland, Oregon drywall repair crew is here.
Our certified and properly insured experts thoroughly eliminate outdated popcorn and traditional acoustic ceilings to update and improve your home, workplace, or commercial property. We make certain to shield floors with coverings, scrape, apply, clean up, and make your Portland-area home looking much better than ever.
We are happy to complete popcorn removal as part of a bigger renovation project or as a singular job. Get in touch with our local Multnomah County contractor without delay to get a complimentary quote and to get more information regarding our reliable and cost effective professional services.
A historical look at popcorn ceilings
We initially started seeing popcorn ceilings in houses in the 1960s. The style went on to be utilized through the 1980s.
Popcorn was popular as a plaster texture because it didn’t need added color or coating following installation. The popcorn texture was likewise efficient at hiding damages and nicks in the ceiling drywall.
Over time, we found out that the composition was tough to stay well-kept and free of dust. On top of that, popcorn ceilings have ended up being an unattractive artifact of the past.
Those who have tried to eliminate it by themselves and found the procedure to be challenging to say the least. Removal requires numerous steps, as outlined in the area listed below.
Our ceiling removal process
We have established a proven procedure for banishing a popcorn ceiling and delivering a brand-new texture to the area. It is as follows:.
- Recessed lighting and air vent covers are taken down.
- Lighting fixtures and fans are wrapped to safeguard them.
- The walls and floors are protected with drop cloth materials while doors and entrances are sealed to stop debris from spreading.
- The true work starts with figuring out if the prevailing composition is painted or water based. If water based, a water-based solution is utilized to weaken and dissolve the texture. Painted popcorn requires more scraping effort, which frequently results in extra repairs required for the drywall.
- After removal, drywall repairs and patching are initiated to make a flat finish.
- The ceiling is sanded to ensure a smooth surface that is optimum for a brand-new texture and/or primer to be added in.
- We apply a composition or paint of your wishes, making for a total transformation.
- To finish things up, our Portland crew gets rid of all materials and cleans up the space, leaving you with a pristine room.
The entire procedure normally takes two days to two weeks. It depends upon the extent of the project and dimension of the room(s). We provide you updates on a daily basis and always keep you informed of latest developments.
Contact us at your convenience to set up a complimentary consultation with our knowledgeable and proficient crew.